Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Storytime Bag

I've found that trying to haul two kids, an already full and heavy diaper bag, and a stack of books out of the library is not a pleasant experience. Our library is thoughtful enough to have little bins of grocery bags for people to use. It took me a few visits to realize this though. They keep them by the main checkout kiosks, but if you use the side kiosk (which I usually do) you wouldn't know the helpful bags were there.

Either way, I figured having a cute library bag is always more fun than having a crinkled up Wal Mart bag. For sometime I have been working on these cute little squares which I hope to eventually manage to crochet together in a bag like shape (we'll see how well that goes when the time comes).

 

 In the meantime, I've designated this Noodles & Co bag as my official library bag.


As you can see, right now it is very full. Today was like one of those golden days at the library, where just the right books seem to jump out at you off the shelf. Of course the bag is mostly full of children's books. The kids love picking out their own books.

This week in the bag:

Baby Animals in the Wild

Biscuit's Walk in the Woods, a touch and feel type book in the popular Biscuit series by Alyssa Satin Capucilli.

Ten Tiny Tickles by Karen Katz

Do Princesses have Best Friends Forever? by Carmela LaVigna Coyle

Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert, an artistic looking book. At first glance it reminds me a lot of an Eric Carle book.

Melvin and the Boy by Lauren Castillo, recommended by the library as a cute book to teach kids about finding animals in the wild. This is the story of Melvin the turtle and the boy who tries to keep him as a pet.

Fox and Hen Together by Beatrice Rodriguez, a wordless book. I look forward to making up the story with Simeon.

One of our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde, the 6th (and most recent) book in the Thursday Next series. I am a huge Jasper Fforde fanatic and particularly love the Thursday Next books.

House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones. The Diana Wynne Jones section of the library was a random find for me. This is apparently the sequel to Howl's Moving Castle (yes Miyazaki's movie was based on Jones' book).
EDIT: House of Many Ways is the third book in the Howl's Moving Castle Series. I guess I'll have to return it and get the second book : /

No comments:

Post a Comment